We recently asked the Rutabaga Paddlesports staff to answer a short series of questions. The following are the questions asked and the answers received from Tadhg Barrett.
Hi Baga Fans, my name is Tadhg Barrett your token Irish guy, hence the strange first name, which is pronounced like TIGER but without the ER!!
1. I was lucky enough to be employed in February 2012 and get to experience my very first Canoecopia as an employee and it was amazing!!
2. Having been in the outdoor education industry since I was a wee lad (18), the chance to try sales was a welcome challenge. The culture of education and sales in how we sell our products means we make sure you have all the info before you make your choices. Being on the floor is the best, meeting people, hearing their stories and experiences make it worthwhile.
3. Last year at Canoecopia I was managing the kayak sales counter, with a wonderful bunch of volunteers. We were able to help customers with questions and difficult questions about their future boat choices.
4. Canoecopia is always a wonderful marathon, it has it struggles along the way but it is such a great achievement, when it is over, every year. Although having gone through 2 Canoecopia’s I now pace myself a lot better than the first year. So come join the marathon, meet lots of great enthusiastic people who share your goals.
5. I look forward to the energy everyone brings each year, for sports we all love and we get to share that, together.
6. Get in a canoe and paddle down a quiet creek on small lake. Or get out on a class 3 or higher river for an adrenaline-fueled day. I like to balance slow and quiet or fast and exciting I love it all!!
7. There are many to choose from, having had many adventures with people on many continents. My friend Ryan Ainsworth (who is no longer with us) would be my paddling buddy on any type of trip.