Santee 116 Sport
When you’ve got the best in-class recreational kayak, what do you do next? You think about how to make that design accessible to more people. Recreational means a lot of different things to different paddlers. For some folks, recreational means accessories, and accessories require space, so we took the Santee 116 and upsized it. We put some serious cubic inches in the cockpit and voila ? the Santee 116 Sport! A recreational kayak that gives you room for tackle boxes, rod tubes, dry bags and perhaps the family dog ? appropriately clad in a doggie PFD of course. In addition to the extra space in the cockpit, the Santee 116 Sport also features a sealed rear bulkhead and easy to use hinge hatch, and at 36.5 pounds you aren't sacrificing performance for extra space. Why? Because the 116 Sport rides on the same magic Swede form hull as the 116.
The Santee 116 Sport, like all Hurricane Kayaks, is made of Trylon plastic. This material has many excellent qualities: stiff, extremely abrasion resistant, lightweight, resistant to ultraviolet light, and will not oil can or warp.
- - Stern Bulkhead, ABS Plastic: Provides positive flotation and storage
- - 10-Inch Stern Hinge Hatch: Storage compartment access
- - Stern Deck Bungee: Storage for dry bag & gear
- - Paddle Holder: Secure paddle to deck
- - Security Bar: Cable lock your boat to the car or in storage
- - Outfitting: AireStream seat and foam thigh pads
- - Twist loc footbrace system: Easy adjustment from seated position
- - Molded Grab Handles, Bow & Stern: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage
- - XL 55-inch Cockpit: Easy entry & Exit, accommodates small child or pet
Write a Review
Very nice lots of room for photo or fishing gear.
Reviewed by: Dan from Wales.