G/flex® Epoxy Adhesive belongs in every boater's repair kit. Get a waterproof, flexible bond on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, etc. A toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. With a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI, it is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. This gives G/flex the ability to make structural bonds that can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. It is ideal for bonding dissimilar materials. It can be modified with West System fillers and additives, and used to wet-out fiberglass tapes and fabrics. Mixed at a 1:1 ratio, G/flex gives you 45 minutes of working time at room temperature. It reaches an initial cure in 7 to 10 hrs and full cure in 24 hrs.
- Contains 4 oz. each of viscous liquid G/flex 650 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1. Kit includes two bottles of epoxy.
- Mixed G/flex 650 is of a heavy "syrup" consistency. It will run off a vertical surface. 650 can be thickened with inert filling materials.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
- At 72 F pot life is 45 minutes. Working time is 75 minutes. It cures to a solid in three hours and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions that come with the kit are top notch.
- Four ounces each of viscous liquid G/flex® 650 resin and hardener
- Mixing ratio of 1:1
- Pot life: 45 minutes @ 72F
- Working time: 75 minutes @ 72F
- Cures to a solid @ 72F
- Reaches full strength in 1-2 days
- Includes complete handling and repair instructions