Stand up paddlers and other water sports enthusiasts looking for an alternative to traditional life jackets will love the NRS Zephyr Self-Inflating PFD. It's lightweight, easy to wear and inflates instantly to float you high.
- Lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 15.5 lbs. of flotation and meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements.
- The compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- A simple tug on the cord instantly inflates the PFD with pressurized C02 gas.
- Unlike many other self-inflating life jackets, the flotation chamber stays around your waist.
- Simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the inflation cord and secure the attachment strap over your head.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- The bag's clear window lets you check the inflation system for readiness.
- Includes 16 gram CO2 cartridge. NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit sold separately.
Note: This PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
Write a Review
For all of those folks who dread wearing a "hot and uncomfortable" lifejacket. This belt pack is tiny compared to the floatation it's packing. I would not recommend this for paddling in serious conditions, but it’s perfect for those who casually paddle and want something less obtrusive.
Reviewed by: Jon Stackpole from Madison, WI.