A thickened, easy-to-use epoxy that permanently bonds fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. G/flex is toughened to make structural bonds that absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. Glue resinous woods, exotic woods and a wide range of dissimilar materials. Repair aluminum, plastic and wooden boats, kayaks and canoes. This kit contains 4.5 fl. oz. G/flex 655 resin, 4.5 fl. oz. G/flex 655 hardener (9 fl. oz. of mixed epoxy), 2 reusable mixing stick/applicators, 4 alcohol cleaning pads, 1 pair disposable neoprene gloves, 10 mixing palettes and complete handling and repair instructions.
Tough bond on many different materials. Waterproof, flexible, permanent. The 655-K kit contains 4.5 oz. each of thickened G/flex 655 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1. It also includes two reusable mixing sticks/applicators, one pair disposable gloves, four alcohol cleaning pads, 10 mixing palettes and complete handling and repair instructions.
- Mixed G/flex 655 is of a "mayonnaise" consistency. It's still very spreadable, but stays put where it is applied.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, Cured G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
- At 72F pot life is 45 minutes. Working time is 75 minutes. It cures to a solid in three hours and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones.
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions that come with the kit are top notch.
- Four ounces each of thickened G/flex® 655 resin and hardener
- Mixing ratio of 1:1
- Pot life: 45 minutes @ 72F
- Working time: 75 minutes @ 72F
- Cures to a solid in 3 hr. @ 72F
- Reaches full strength in 1-2 days
- Also includes :
- 2 reusable mixing sticks/applicators
- 1 pair disposable gloves
- 4 alcohol cleaning pads
- 10 mixing palettes
- Complete handling and repair instructions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.