Rentals - Boat Storage
Rutabaga offers personal boat storage outdoors! Make your summer paddling a breeze by storing your canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard at Olbrich Park Boat Rentals, right on the shore of Lake Monona.
- All storage spots are rented through Rutabaga Paddlesports.
- There are currently 5 racks for personal boat storage, which are located to the south side of the Beach House. 3 are on the concrete pad and two are in the grass closer to the water.
- All storage racks are outdoors and uncovered.
- Storage Period: Begins Apr 1, 2023 (or later) and ends March 31, 2024
- Cost: $130.00/year (plus tax)
How to obtain a storage rack space, we now have open rack spaces!
- Fill out the Boat Storage Agreement making sure to include the make, model and color of your boat.
- Turn in your boat storage agreement form and pay for your spot in person at Rutabaga Paddlesports (2620 Rimrock Road, Madison, WI 53713)
- Put your watercraft in your assigned space on the appropriate boat rack at Olbrich Park Boat Rentals (3527 Atwood Ave, Monona, WI 53714). The racks are labeled, and are located to the south side of the Beach House.
Watercraft storage rules
- Watercraft must not exceed 80 pounds, 18' in length, 42" in width or 24" in height.
- Items stored in the storage area are limited to watercraft only. No unauthorized personal property is to be stored on the premises.
- Only one watercraft is allowed in each space and it must be fully contained within the designated space.
- Watercraft must be secured to the rack, ideally with a lock AND rope.
- The owner accepts all liability for theft or damage to their property.
- Premises are to be left in the original condition upon termination of the permit period.
- Watercraft must be removed by March 31 unless renewing for the following year.
- Renewals for the following year should be requested by February 1. After that date space will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Rutabaga Staff reserves the right to cut any lock and remove any watercraft, under any condition it deems necessary for the function of the boat storage program.