Enjoy your supper as much as the scenery!
The Back-Country Kitchen by Teresa Marrone will appeal to all outdoors enthusiasts who prepare meals in the wild. It contains over 150 tested, unique recipes, including camp breads, hearty chowders, one-pot main dishes, and adaptations of international favorites.
- Beat the cost of freeze-dried meals by learning how to pack your own flavorful mixes.
- Add variety to your menu by drying foods at home.
- Learn special camp cooking techniques, such as open-fire cookery and meal management with a single-burner stove.
This cookbook will show you new ways to add excitement and taste to every back-country meal.
About the Author
Teresa Marrone has written over a dozen outdoor cookbooks and has been published in several magazines. She has taught outdoor cooking at seminars and on TV. An avid outdoors enthusiast, Teresa has camped and cooked in back-country areas from the hills and high desert plains of Wyoming to Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
|Title||The Back-Country Kitchen: Camp Cooking for Canoeists, Hikers, and Anglers|
|Edition||10, illustrated, reprint, revised|
|Publisher||Northern Trails Press, 1996|
Cooking › Methods › Outdoor
Table of Contents
- Planning the Back-Country Menu
- Dried Foods: Homemade and Store-Bought
- Equipment and Techniques
- Camp Breads
- Side Dishes: Starches and Vegetables
- Main Dishes
- International Favorites
- Fish and Game Recipes
- Desserts & Sweet Snacks
- Omnium-Gatherum (Miscellaneous Stuff!)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.