The ultimate combination of technology and handcrafted beauty, the Navigator Versa-Lok is lightweight, resilient, buoyant, and comes with 15 cm of adjustability.
- The wood blades on the Navigator are known for their light weight, effortless stroke, durability and quietness.
- Wooden blades provide one of the easiest, more forgiving forward strokes in paddles. The natural buoyancy springs the paddle out of the water and the wood absorbs the rigors of the river or lake, providing an enjoyable paddling experience. Compared to composite blades, wood blades are going to be more flexible and forgiving.
- The dense, dark woods selected are known for being some of the lighter options, while holding form and resistant to wear. In terms of sound, there’s not a quieter entry and exit than these blades, especially when compared to plastic blades.
- The blades are wrapped with Rockgard tip projection and coated with 2 oz. fiberglass. Both seal in the wood and project it from abuse and long-term wear.
- 96 sq. inch blade is designed for a natural low-angle stroke. If your forward stroke is generally more horizontal and relaxed, you’ll enjoy this blade shape, as it provide sufficient torque without being fatiguing.
- The Navigator is an ideal companion for flatwater and sea kayaking, plus solo and pack canoeing.
- T-700 is the best carbon material available at Bending Branches. The checked pattern and cross dimension weave result in better strength to weight ratios than most all other options, both carbon and glass.
- The shaft is ovalized where the hands go for more comfort and control, and to limit the chances for blisters.
- Versa-Lok offers 15cm of additional length and infinite feathering options, and does so with an easy to use and understand system that is secure (no disengagement), robust (will hold form for a very long time), and resistant to corrosion (nylon plastic and stainless steel parts).
- Versa-Lok offers longer sizes than the previous generation of paddles, making it ideal for wider or bigger kayaks and the high seat position.
- The Versa-Lok clamping system is backed by structural and cyclical testing, plus a decade of on-water use.
- Carbon ferrule insert is light, tight, and right for the long haul. This is a sizable upgrade over plastic or glass ferrule inserts.
- Proudly hand built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA, by a team of paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Shaft Material: Satin T-700 Carbon
Wood Type: Red Alder & Roasted Basswood
Blade Size: 6.2" x 20" (96 sq. in.) (619.4 sq. cm)
Weight: 29.5 oz. (836 g)
Ferrule Angles: Infinite
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.