Hatch Cover 8in Performance Round
SEA-LECT Designs line of Performance Hatch Covers are molded in advanced materials that offer a unique combination of increased waterproofing, durability and ease of installation over other hatches on the market. Using a lightweight polymer that s buoyant, these hatches provide ultimate versatility with a smooth satin finish, whether you re creating a new storage compartment, or simply replacing a worn-out lid.
8 in Cover Only
- Injection-molded polycarbonate for strength and durability
- Special UV protection shields against sun damage
- Dome-shaped to shed water while providing extra room below
- Snap-on, snap-off design fits snugly, yet provides easy access
- Sealed with TPU to provide superior resistance to impact and abrasions
- Interior and Exterior lashing points to secure the hatch cover to your boat
Write a Review
We have an old plastic Hydra sea kayak, probably 25+/- years old. It's been sitting in the garage the last 10. Went to get it out for a friend and the middles of the Valley hatch covers were completely separated from the rims and fallen into the bulkheads. I was a little unsure how to measure for a replacement but took a chance and these Sealect covers fit perfectly. Nice and snug but easy to snap on and peel off. Rutabaga's price was the best I could find and ordering and delivery was easy and timely. I'm looking forward to taking this nice old boat out again; had some good times in it.
Reviewed by: Anne from Boston, Mass..
Bought this as a replacement for a Valley hatch cover that split and cracked, so it was unusable (I'm pretty fastidious about using 303 UV protectorent too)
The Sealect Design cover fits and seals the hatch ring very well; time will tell how it holds up though, but it appears well made and pretty heavy duty.
Reviewed by: Joe from Cape Charles VA.